Vintage Yemeni Bedouin Silver Choker Necklace
A lovely heavy Bedouin choker necklace from Yemen, though also worn in Saudi Arabia. It dates to the first half of the twentieth century. The necklace is handmade from mixed metals. It is composed of row of cast long beads ending in spherical dangles of many different sizes that make a lovely sound with movement. The central square and triangle-shaped finials are decorated with granulation. The necklace ends in a handmade chain on each end and no closure.
- The metal part of the necklace measures 25 cm (9 3/4").
- The chain extends the total length of the necklace by a further 32 cm (12 1/2").
- The total length of 57 cm or 22 1/2".
- The necklace is 4.5 cm (1 3/4") deep.
- Weight is around 146.3 grams.